I finally finished my wholecloth “As Usual” today. My Gosh, it took me longer to do the painting than it did to mark, quilt, and bind it. I am SO glad to have this done! And …. I am really pleased with how it looks now that it is finally what I had envisioned. I used Shiva Iridescent paint sticks to do the painting. I used stencil brushes, rather than straight from the stick (I think it goes on way to thick and gloppy that way). So anyway, here are some pics, I can’t believe how “plain” it looked before.
Turns out I have yet another quilt that is nearly impossible to get a picture of that shows the true colors. I guess because the paint is metallic, the flash is making the colors even brighter than they really are. The photo below is without a flash, and it makes the colors darker than they really are.
Sooo, the actual coloration is somewhere between the two <G>.